Funding for Linktogether Foundation
In 2018, the foundation’s budget amounts to €78,000. These funds come from 3 types of donors:
Our customers who, on a voluntary basis, can choose to be eco-participants. Their energy impactlinked to the consumption of their platforms is very high. LINKBYNET offers all its clients theopportunity to donate a few cents per managed server directly to the foundation to support the environmental projects. Currently, 200 clients provide this regular donation.
Thanks to MicroDon, our employees have the opportunity to round-off their salaries every month. Of the 43% of employees who round off, 22% donate their donations to the LINKTOGETHERFoundation.
LINKBYNET gives another 100% of all the donations from customers and employees and carries out the eco-tax for its own equipment.
The selection of projects
We select a project to support in a 3-step process:
First of all, we make an internal call for projects, which allows all employees to propose topicsrelated to the foundation’s missions : environment and education. In 2018, 19 applications weresubmitted by employees.
Then, the projects are evaluated by specially trained staff. Project instructors present their researchon the project to the LINKTOGETHER committee during a selection committee. The jury choses theprojects that will be subsidized, based on the foundation’s evaluation criteria.
The LINKTOGETHER Foundation is composed of a General Delegate: Anne FRINGANT, CSR Project Manager at LINKBYNET, and six members of the Executive Committee: Patrick AISENBERG, Co-founder and General Manager of LINKBYNET; Marianne DESCAMPS, Director of Human Resources of LINKBYNET; Guillaume LEFEBVRE, Director of Keensight Capital; Matthieu PETITPREZ: Unix SystemAdministrator at LINKBYNET, Shelly PURSOORAMEN : Communication and Marketing Manager at LINKBYNET and Frédéric THERET : Director of Marketing and Development at the Fondation de France.
Projects supported in 2018
This year, the foundation is supporting 9 projects in Vietnam, Mauritius and France.
In Vietnam, LINKTOGETHER supports 3 education projects:
- The higher education project in an orphanage with Duc Son Child.
- The scholarship project allowing minorities to access higher education with CSDS.
- The construction of a computer laboratory for the Digital Gateways project that will enabledisadvantaged young people to access digital education and training.
Two environmental projects are supported in Mauritius.
- The implementation of a monitoring and alert system for the local population in case of floodrisk, supported by the Youth In Action association
- The coral conservation project led by the Goodplanet Foundation.
In France, we support 1 environmental project and 3 educational projects.
- The environmental project for the repollenization of the city of Saint-Denis allows us to self-manage two hives thanks to the association Sauvegarde des Abeilles in Ile de France (SAIF)
- For the second year, we are supporting Handicamp, a show aims to democratizing computer code for people with disabilities with Thinkcode.
- We are also continuing to support the career guidance of young people with JobIRL.
- We support the creation of a digital space for young people from sensitive neighbourhoods withSport Dans la Ville.
In two years, the LINKTOGETHER Foundation has grown. We are relentlessly continuing our efforts to support our flagship projects and include our employees in the adventure.
To learn more about the foundation, visit our page: http://www.linktogether.fr/en/linktogether-foundation/